College Neighborhoods Foundation's (CNF) Mission is to help enhance the quality of life and revitalize business in the College Neighborhoods.
In 1997, a group of community volunteers desired to improve their neighborhood, but lacked the requirements to procure charitable nonprofit grants. The volunteers united to create a charitable nonprofit with the goal to provide support services to any individual or group who had a constructive, workable idea, and the willingness to initiate a project which provided public benefit through use of this charitable nonprofit status. The volunteers invited other community members with specific talents to join the board and further develop the organization known today as the College Neighborhoods Foundation (CNF).
The CNF recognizes the effectiveness of current community councils and groups and therefore works to support, not duplicate, existing community efforts.
CNF has a proud history of closely supporting local community and business groups including:
- College Area Business District
- College Area Community Council
- College Area Community Planning Board
- El Cerrito Community Council
- Oak Park Community Council
- Mesa Colony Community Group
- Redwood Village Community Council
- Rolando Community Council
- Rolando Park Community Council
- San Diego State University
CNF has also worked in cooperation with other outstanding nonprofits and other fine organizations including:
- City of San Diego
- Commission for Arts & Culture
- San Diego Foundation
- San Diego Women's Foundation